Ranch Bacon and Cheese Gougeres
Ranch Bacon and Cheese Gougeres Recipe
Servings: 30 people
- 1 cup whole milk whole milk
- ½ cup butter unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix Shaker Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix Shaker
- 1 cup flour all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs eggs at room temperature
- 1½ cups gouda cheese grated gouda cheese or mild cheddar cheese
- 3–4 pieces bacon cooked bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the milk, ½ cup water, butter and seasoning mix in a pot and place over high heat. and bring to a boil. Add flour and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until batter comes together and starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 4–5 minutes.
- Transfer dough to stand mixer that is equipped with paddle attachment (or you can use an electric hand mixer with a large bowl) and allow dough to rest and cool slightly for 2 minutes. With the mixer running on medium speed, add eggs, one at a time, followed by cheese and bacon.
- Using a small cookie scoop (approximately 1 tablespoon), scoop batter onto the prepared baking sheets approximately 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°F, rotate baking sheets and continue baking for approximately 15–20 minutes or until golden.