Give dinner the professional touch.
The key to a deliciously smooth, perfectly brown gravy? Kitchen Bouquet® Browning & Seasoning Sauce. Check out our no-fail recipes below.
Get ready to impress, with a little help from Kitchen Bouquet®
Simple Roast Turkey Gravy
- 3 tablespoons butter or fat from turkey roasting pan
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken or turkey stock, warmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet® or more for darker color
- In a saucepan melt the butter or turkey fat over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour until smooth, continuing to whisk for about 2-3 minutes until the mixture (called a roux) starts to color just slightly.
- If desired, pour the stock into the hot roasting pan to loosen the bits on the bottom of the pan, stirring to dissolve drippings.
- Pour this liquid into the roux. Alternatively, if you do not wish to use the pan drippings, you can simply pour the warmed stock directly into the roux.
- Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly until the gravy thickens and boils.
- Add salt and Kitchen Bouquet® to enhance the flavor and give your gravy a rich brown color.
- Simmer about 2 minutes for the flavors to incorporate.
Easy Au Jus
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup turkey remnants and juices
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet®
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Skim excess fat from juices in roasting pan
- Add 1 cup water
- Add a few drops of Kitchen Bouquet®
- Simmer for 5 minutes
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
With our unique blend of herbs and spices, just a dash adds savory flavor and rich color to soups, stews, sauces and gravies.
How to make great turkey with amazing gravy
Take your time
Allow 24 hours of thawing time for every 4 to 5 pounds of bird, in a fridge that's 40 degrees or cooler.
Save the turkey drippings for the gravy. Just follow one of the simple recipes above, add a little Kitchen Bouquet®, and you'll be golden.
Keep them coming back for more
Rescue leftovers from lameness by making an impressive Au Jus (see recipe above) as a delicious dipping sauce.
No gravy boat? No problem
Want to be Instagram ready? Use a creamer pitcher, small vase or even a small carafe.
Buy Kitchen Bouquet® online or at your local Walmart in the BBQ sauce aisle.