BBQ Burger Pocket
- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 min.
- Meals & Dishes: Burgers, Dinner, Main Course
- Main Ingredient: Beef
- 1 medium tomato stem removed, sliced
- 1 pound 90 percent lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1½ tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1½ tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cups shredded Romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing
- 4 whole wheat pitas split
- Preheat the grill or broiler.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, barbecue sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and onion powder, and mix with clean hands until well blended.
- In a small bowl, mix the dressing and mustard together until smooth.
- Divide the beef mixture evenly into four ¼-pound burgers. Grill the burgers for 5 minutes on each side over medium coals for medium doneness.
- Place the pitas on the grill for 2 minutes or just until warmed through.
- Serve the burgers tucked inside each pita and topped with the tomato, lettuce and a generous serving of the dressing.