Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Serves: 8-10
- Prep Time: 5 min.
- Cook Time: 360 min.
- ½ (¾ oz.) packet Hidden Valley® Farmhouse Originals Homestyle Italian Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- ½ (½ oz.) packet Hidden Valley® The Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 (0.87 oz.) package dry brown gravy mix
- 2 pounds boneless chuck roast
- 1½ pounds new potatoes halved
- ½ cup water
- parsley for garnish, (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, Ranch seasoning, and gravy mix. Blend.
- Prick the entire roast with a fork. Rub the dried mix on roast.
- In a slow cooker, spread potatoes on bottom. Place seasoned chuck roast on potatoes. Pour water around roast.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours or 8 hours on low. Roast should have an internal temperature of 145ºF.
- Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve.
- Tip: For a thicker sauce, remove roast and potatoes and transfer to a platter. Pour the cooking juices into a sauce pan. Stir together 3 tablespoon cornstarch and 3 tablespoon cold water. Bring sauce to a boil and whisk cornstarch mixture into boiling sauce. Spoon sauce over meat and potatoes.
- Add ½ pound baby carrots and 1 sliced onion and place at the bottom of the crockpot along with the potatoes for a heartier meal.
- Make Ahead: Make a double batch, slice meat and freeze in a Glad® Storage Container.
- Pulse Period: • Game Day • Autumn, Fall or Winter time