BBQ Ranch Grilled Chicken and Veggie Bowls
Courtesy of Lauren Allen of Tastes Better from Scratch
- Prep 30 m
- Cook 30 m
- Total 1 h
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1½ cups long grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can black beans, washed and drained
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle (16 oz.) Hidden Valley® Honey BBQ Ranch®
- 1 zucchini, washed and sliced into 1/4'' thick rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, washed, seeded and sliced
- 4 ears grilled corn on the cob (or substitute 1½ cups cooked corn)
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- fresh cilantro for garnish, if desired
To make the rice:
- 1. For the rice: add oil to a saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and rice and sauté, stirring frequently, for 3–5 minutes or until rice turns golden brown. Add cumin, chicken broth and black beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Remove lid and fluff gently with a fork. Set aside.
To make chicken & veggies:
- 1. Place chicken in a shallow dish and baste with 1 heaping cup of Hidden Valley® Honey BBQ Ranch®.
- 2. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- 3. Grill zucchini and bell peppers using a grill basket, cooked over medium heat on the grill, or use a grill pan on the stovetop. Cook ears of corn on the grill, or on a grill pan on the stovetop. After veggies are cooked, set aside.
- 4. Add marinated chicken to grill or stovetop grill pan over medium heat. Cook for several minutes, flipping once, until cooked through. Remove to a plate to rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
- 1. Spoon cooked rice into bowls. Top with chopped, cooked chicken, grilled zucchini, bell peppers, corn and sliced avocado. Drizzle Hidden Valley® Honey BBQ Ranch® Dressing on top. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.