Broccoli with Garlic Butter and Cashews
- Prep 10 m
- Cook 10 m
- Total 20 m
- 1½ pounds fresh broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped, salted cashews
- 1. Place the broccoli into a large pot with about 1 inch of water in the bottom. Bring to a boil, and cook for 7 minutes, or until tender but still crisp. Drain, and arrange broccoli on a serving platter.
- 2. While the broccoli is cooking, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Mix in the brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, pepper and garlic. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat. Mix in the cashews, and pour the sauce over the broccoli. Serve immediately.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.