Caper & Caramelized Onion Dip
Write a review
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Creamy Spinach Parmesan Warm Dip & Appetizer Mix
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 8-ounce bricks softened cream cheese
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup rinsed capers
- chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- 1. In a pan set over medium-low heat, melt the butter until foaming. Add the sliced onion and cook, stirring often, until softened and caramelized, about 20 minutes. Add balsamic and cook another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring to incorporate. Set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, add softened cream cheese, milk, and contents of packet to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Whisk until blended. Place back in microwave and heat on high for additional 2½ minutes. Whisk until well blended. Stir in onions and capers. If desired, garnish with parsley.
- 3. Refrigerate or discard any unused portions within 2 hours of heating.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.