Chipotle Sausage Pizza Balls
- Prep 20 m
- Cook 20 m
- Total 40 m
- 1 (1.06 oz.) package Hidden Valley® Southwest Chipotle Cheddar Warm Dip & Appetizer Mix
- 1¼ cups biscuit baking mix
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil sprayed with cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine dip mix and biscuit mix. Add cream cheese and blend well. Mix in pork sausage, cheddar cheese and oregano. Form sausage mixture into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheets. Bake about 20 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Pork sausage balls should have an internal temperature of 160°F. Serve with warmed marinara sauce.
- 3. Tip: For a healthier option, substitute turkey or chicken sausage for the pork sausage.
- 4. Make Ahead Tip: Sausage balls can be made ahead and frozen uncooked.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.