Drunken Crab Dip
Write a review
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Creamy Spinach Parmesan Warm Dip & Appetizer Mix
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 8-ounce bricks softened cream cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup lump crabmeat
- ¼ cup minced basil
- 1. In a pan set over medium-low heat, melt the butter until foaming. Add the sliced onion and cook, stirring often, until softened and caramelized, about 20 minutes. In the last five minutes of cooking, add wine. Cook until wine has slightly reduced. Set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, add softened cream cheese, milk, and contents of packet to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Whisk until blended. Place back in microwave and heat on high for additional 2½ minutes. Whisk until well blended. Stir in onions, crabmeat, and basil.
- 3. Refrigerate or discard any unused portions within 2 hours of heating.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.