Prep: 1 h | Cook: 20 m
Grilled Chicken Skewers with Mango Salsa
- Prep 1 h
- Cook 20 m
- Total 1 h 20 m
- ½ pineapple rind and core removed, flesh cut into 1-inch chunks
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- ¾ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Organic Dressing
- 1 can chipotle chile in adobo sauce, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 large mango peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 pound chicken each cut into 3 equal pieces, tenders
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from can, above)
- oil for grilling
- wooden skewers
- 1. In a shallow tray of water, soak 12 wooden skewers for at least 1 hour.
- 2. In a small bowl, add the dressing, chile, adobo sauce, honey, lime juice and salt, and stir until well blended and set aside.
- 3. Alternatey thread the chicken, pineapple, mango and onion on each of the skewers. Arrange the skewers in a shallow baking dish and brush ¼ cup of the marinade over the skewers. Chill covered for 1 hour.
- 4. Preheat the grill. Grill the skewers for 5 to 7 minutes on each side over medium heat or until the chicken is no longer pink inside and the onions are crisp.
- 5. Serve the skewers garnished with the lime wedges and cilantro with the reserved dressing on the side.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.