- ½ pineapple rind and core removed, flesh cut into 1-inch chunks
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- ¾ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Organic Dressing
- 1 can chipotle chile in adobo sauce, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 large mango peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 pound chicken each cut into 3 equal pieces, tenders
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from can, above)
- oil for grilling
- wooden skewers
In a shallow tray of water, soak 12 wooden skewers for at least 1 hour.
In a small bowl, add the dressing, chile, adobo sauce, honey, lime juice and salt, and stir until well blended and set aside.
Alternatey thread the chicken, pineapple, mango and onion on each of the skewers. Arrange the skewers in a shallow baking dish and brush ¼ cup of the marinade over the skewers. Chill covered for 1 hour.
Preheat the grill. Grill the skewers for 5 to 7 minutes on each side over medium heat or until the chicken is no longer pink inside and the onions are crisp.
Serve the skewers garnished with the lime wedges and cilantro with the reserved dressing on the side.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.