Ranch Bacon and Chive Gougeres
Write a review
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1½ cups grated Edam cheese (can substitute mild gouda)
- 3–4 pieces cooked bacon crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing for dipping
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2. Place the milk, water, butter, salt and seasoning mix in a pot and place over high heat. Bring to a boil. Add flour and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until batter comes together and starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 4–5 minutes.
- 3. Transfer dough to stand mixer that is equipped with paddle attachment (or you can use an electric hand mixer with a large bowl). Allow dough to rest and cool slightly for 2 minutes. With the mixer running on medium speed, add eggs, one at a time. Add cheese and mix to combine. Add as much bacon as desired, and chives, and stir together with a spoon.
- 4. Using a small cookie scoop (approximately 1 tablespoon), scoop batter onto the prepared baking sheets approximately 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°F, rotate baking sheets and continue baking for approximately 15–20 minutes or until golden. Transfer gougeres to a baking rack and cool slightly.
- 5. Serve with additional ranch dressing for dipping.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.