Prep: 10 m | Cook: 5 m
Sausage & Peppers Dip
- Prep 10 m
- Cook 5 m
- Total 15 m
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Creamy Spinach Parmesan Warm Dip & Appetizer Mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces Italian pork sausage meat (from about 2 links)
- 2 8-ounce bricks softened cream cheese
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup chopped roasted red peppers
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- chopped basil, for garnish (optional)
- 1. In a large pan, warm the oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage meat and sauté, stirring occasionally, until cooked through and crumbled.
- 2. Meanwhile, add softened cream cheese, milk, and contents of packet to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Whisk until blended. Place back in microwave and heat on high for additional 2½ minutes. Whisk until well blended. Stir in the sausage, roasted red peppers, and red pepper flakes. If desired, garnish with chopped basil.
- 3. Refrigerate or discard any unused portions within 2 hours of heating.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.