Sesame Shrimp Stir-Fry
- ½ pound sugar snap peas
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 green onions sliced
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1. In a medium saucepan, bring salted water to a boil. Add rice, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2. While rice is simmering, combine shrimp, ginger, cayenne pepper, garlic, sesame seeds and black pepper in a large plastic food storage bag. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator.
- 3. Heat sesame oil in a large wok or skillet. Add red bell pepper and green onions; sauté 3 to 4 minutes to soften slightly Add teriyaki sauce. Add peas and shrimp with seasoning; sauté 4 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
- 4. Stir cornstarch into chicken broth and add to wok; cook, stirring until mixture boils. Sprinkle with salt. Spoon shrimp mixture over rice.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.