Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- Prep 10 m
- Cook 4 h
- Total 4 h 10 m
- 1 cup Hidden Valley® Farmhouse Originals Italian with Herbs
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 green bell pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1. In a small bowl, combine Italian dressing and tomatoes. Set aside.
- 2. In a slow cooker, spread onions and bell peppers on the bottom. Place chicken on vegetables. Pour dressing mixture over chicken.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Chicken should have an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- 4. Remove chicken from crock pot and top with vegetables and sauce.
- 5. Serve over rice or pasta.
- 1. Reduce the crushed tomatoes to 1 cup and add 1 cup diced tomatoes and a can of sliced mushrooms for a heartier appearance.
- 2. Replace green bell peppers with fresh sliced zucchini from the garden.
- 3. For a slightly different flavor, try substituting Hidden Valley® Homestyle Italian Dressing.
- 4. Make Ahead: Make a double batch and freeze in a Glad® Storage Container.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.