Smokehouse Italian-Style Pasta Salad
Recipe created by Genevieve Ko on behalf of Hidden Valley.
Write a review
- 8 oz. short cut pasta, such as rotini, spirals, or small shells (2¼ cups)
- 1 bunch (1 lb.) asparagus, trimmed
- 3 ears corn, husks and silks removed
- 1 small red onion, cut in quarters
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 links (12 oz.) smoked pork sausage links
- Hidden Valley Ranch® Italian-Style Pasta Salad Sauce, below
Italian-Style Pasta Salad Sauce
- ½ cup Hidden Valley® Roasted Garlic Ranch
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1. Heat a grill to medium-high.
- 2. While the grill heats, cook the pasta according to the package’s directions. Drain, rinse under cold water until cool, and drain again. Reserve in a large bowl.
- 3. Toss the asparagus, corn, and onion with the oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper to evenly coat. Grill along with the sausage links, turning to evenly brown, until crisp-tender and lightly charred, about 6 minutes for the asparagus, 10 minutes for the corn, and 8 minutes for the onion. Grill the sausage, turning occasionally, until grill marks appear and heated through, and 10 minutes. Transfer everything to a cutting board.
- 4. Mix all of the Pasta Sauce ingredients until smooth. When cool enough to handle, cut the asparagus into 1-inch pieces, cut the kernels off the corn cobs, thinly slice the onion, and cut the sausages into thin half-moons. Add to the pasta, along with the sauce, and toss until evenly coated.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.