Prep: 15 m | Cook: 35 m
Spicy Chicken Wingettes and Lentil Arugula Salad
Judy Ung of Bebe Love Okazu
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 35 m
- Total 50 m
For Spicy Chicken Wingettes:
- 2 lb. wingettes
- 2 tbsp. mirin (sweet sake for cooking)
- ½ tbsp. harissa hot sauce, to taste
- 1/3 packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1/8 tsp. salt (optional)
- olive oil cooking spray
For Lentil Salad:
- ½ cup sprouted lentil trio (brown, green, and black lentils)
- 1½–2 cups water
- 1½ tsp. capers
- ½ cup chopped cucumbers
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups baby arugula
- ½ tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix mirin and harissa hot sauce. Add more or less harissa to taste.
- 3. Place chicken wingettes into a large bowl. Pour the mirin and harissa mixture over the chicken and toss well to coat.
- 4. Optionally, season chicken with salt. Note, the harissa hot sauce contains salt and depending on the amount of harissa used, it could alter the salt content of the dish so please keep this in mind.
- 5. Generously season each wingette with the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing & Seasoning Mix.
- 6. Spray an oven safe baking dish with olive oil cooking spray to prevent chicken from sticking.
- 7. Line chicken in the baking dish and bake for 35 minutes until juices run clear and the chicken is lightly browned. (Internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165°F.)
- 8. Set oven to low broil and broil the chicken for about 1 to 2 minutes until the chicken becomes a deeper brown.
- 9. While the chicken is baking, make the lentil salad. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil and add sprouted lentils. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until lentils reach desired tenderness.
- 10. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 2 minutes. Drain excess water if necessary.
- 11. In a medium bowl, toss lentils with capers, chopped cucumbers, and tomatoes. Add olive oil, lemon, salt, pepper and toss gently.
- 12. Serve lentil salad over a bed of baby arugula, alongside the chicken wingettes.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.