- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 1-ounce packets Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 15 ounces Ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 eggplants sliced into ½-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese together with the seasoning mix, and eggs, and stir until well blended.
Brush two baking sheets with one tablespoon of the oil. Arrange the eggplant slices in a single layer on each baking sheet and bake about 20 minutes or until the eggplant is fork tender. Remove the eggplant form the oven and let cool slightly.
Brush a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with olive oil. Layer half the eggplant in the dish and spread with half of the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle half the bread crumbs over the ricotta. Repeat with the remaining eggplant and ricotta mixture. Pour the tomato sauce over the ricotta and top with the mozzarella and remaining bread crumbs. Bake until the cheese has browned and is bubbly about 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.