Crispy Onion Green Bean Casserole
Crispy Onion Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Servings: 6 people
- 3 tablespoons butter butter
- 2 shallots shallots, minced
- 1½ tablespoons flour flour
- 1½ tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix Shaker Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning & Salad Dressing Mix Shaker
- 1 cup chicken stock chicken stock
- 1 cup half-and-half half-and-half
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1½ pounds green beans cooked green beans
- canned fried onions canned fried onions, for topping
- In a large sauté pan set over medium heat, melt the butter until foaming. Add the chopped shallots and cook, stirring until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour and the seasoning mix into the pan and stir to coat shallots. Slowly whisk in the chicken stock, whisking out any lumps; then the half and half.
- Simmer for 2 minutes or just until thickened; then stir in cheese and remove from heat. Combine green beans and onion sauce and pour into a 9×9 casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until liquid has reduced and thickened. Remove from oven and top with crisp onions.