Hidden Valley® Ranch Butternut Squash Soup
Hidden Valley® Ranch Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
Servings: 6 people
- 2 tablespoons olive oil olive oil
- 1 yellow onion yellow onion, chopped
- 2 bags (10 ounces each) butternut squash frozen butternut squash
- 2 cups chicken stock chicken or vegetable stock
- 1½ cups water water
- ½ cup half-and-half half and half
- ½ packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch Salad® Dressing & Seasoning Mix Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning, Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix Packet
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, then add the onions and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the butternut squash, stock, and water and bring to a simmer. Cook until squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat and puree until completely smooth using a handheld or regular blender. Once well-blended, stir in the half-and-half and seasoning mix; bring to a simmer and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Ladle the soup in bowls and serve hot. (For an extra pop of texture and flavor, garnish the soup with toasted croutons or crumbled bacon.)