Potato Skin Chips with Ranch and Crispy Bacon
Potato Skin Chips with Ranch and Crispy Bacon Recipe
Servings: 4 people
- 2 strips bacon bacon
- 4 russet potatoes russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat reserved bacon fat (or can substitute olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch Salad® Dressing & Seasoning Mix Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning, Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix Packet
- Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the bacon strips into a cold pan, and turn heat to medium. Cook until the fat has rendered into the pan and the bacon is crisp, turning as needed. Remove bacon to paper towels to drain, and reserve 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat. If you do not have enough for 2 tablespoons, supplement (or substitute entirely) with olive oil. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes, making sure to have about 1/8-inch of potato flesh on each piece in addition to the peel. Set aside and cook potatoes separately as desired.
- Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray or rub with oil. In a bowl, drizzle the potato skins with the bacon fat or oil and toss with the dressing mix until evenly coated. Spread out in an even layer on the baking sheet. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, tossing once or twice to prevent sticking, until crisp and browned. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and serve with Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing for dipping.