Ranch Chicken Wings
16 April 2013 | Susan Whetzel
I love chicken wings.
All kinds of chicken wings, really, but I prefer the ones that aren’t all goopy. You know – goopy. The kind that get you ridiculously messy just by picking one up. Sure, I’ll still eat that kind of wing – they’re delicious – but I’d really prefer the drier variety. And no matter what, I need ranch dressing.
Ranch dressing is key.
I’ll come right out and tell you now – Hidden Valley® Ranch is responsible for reaching out to me and asking me to create a recipe for them. A task I gladly accepted. You know why?
Because ever since I was old enough and wise enough to get a job – in a restaurant, of course – and I could purchase my own groceries – I made the conscious decision that if I was purchasing ranch dressing, I would be purchasing Hidden Valley® Original Ranch.
They did not pay me to say that. It’s 100% true. It’s the best.
So, wings. All wings require ranch dressing. Except maybe these…
Ranch Chicken Wings.
A little different.
That kick of the ranch flavor really livens up these crispy wings, and paired with a Buffalo dipping sauce? Well, it’s hard not to love them. You could even be brazen enough to dip these Ranch wings in more ranch dressing. I did. It’s good stuff.
It’s all good stuff.
Ranch Chicken Wings
makes 2 pounds
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 7-9 minutes
• 2 pounds chicken wings
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 packet Hidden Valley® Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix
• 1 teaspoon powdered garlic
• pinch salt
• Peanut or Canola Oil for frying
• Buffalo Dipping Sauce (recipe to follow in notes)
1. Preheat frying oil in a large Dutch Oven to 350-360 degrees.
2. In a large plastic zipper bag, combine olive oil, Hidden Valley Ranch Mix, garlic, and salt. Shake the bag to combine. Place chicken wings into the bag and shake vigorously to combine and coat the the wings. Allow to rest in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes while the oil comes to temperature.
3. Once temperature reaches 350-360, drop the wings in batches into the hot oil. Increase stove temperature while wings are frying. Wings should be done after 7-8 minutes. Remove from oil and place on paper towels to absorb excess oil. Return temperature of oil to 350 before frying additional batches and repeat until all wings have been fried. Serve hot with Buffalo Dipping Sauce or Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing.
Notes: Buffalo Dipping Sauce: Combine 1/2 cup of your favorite Buffalo Wing Sauce with 2 tablespoons melted butter and 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing. Stir to combine.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Hidden Valley Ranch. All thoughts and opinions are my own.