Autumn Chicken, Walnut and Apple Romaine Salad
- ½ cup Craisins® dried cranberries
- 1 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pounds chicken breast, boneless, raw
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
- 4 teaspoons Mrs. Dash® seasoning original
- 6 tablespoons walnuts chopped
- 4 cups McIntosh apples sliced
- 8 cups Fresh Express® Hearts of Romaine (12 ounces)
- 8 ounces whole wheat elbow pasta
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Season chicken with onion powder and Mrs. Dash® seasoning. Place in oven-proof baking dish. Roast for 25–30 minutes.
- 3. Blend dressing and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- 4. In a large salad bowl, mix Fresh Express® Hearts of Romaine, pasta and apple slices with dressing mixture. Portion equally on four large plates. Slice chicken breasts into half-inch strips and portion equally on top of the four salads. Mix walnuts and Craisins® together into small bowl. Sprinkle evenly on top of each platter.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.