Ranch Mac 'n Cheese - Creamy
- Prep 5 m
- Cook 35 m
- Total 40 m
- 1 lb. gemelli or elbow pasta
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 packet (1 oz.) Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix or 2 tablespoons of Hidden Valley® Ranch Seasoning
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2. While the pasta is cooking, heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat until it begins to foam. Whisk in the flour until smooth and cook, whisking, for about 2–3 minutes. Stir in the milk and ranch seasoning mix and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Fold in the cheese and stir until melted. Add the cooked pasta and mix well.
- 3. Spoon pasta mixture into a greased baking dish. Top with some extra shredded cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes, until browned and bubbling. Serve hot.