Prep: 15 m | Cook: 40 m
Bacon, Caramelized Onion & Ranch Mushroom Poppers
Courtesy of Rachael White of Set the Table
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 40 m
- Total 55 m
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 slice applewood smoked bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ yellow onion, diced small
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound button mushrooms
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- 2. Clean and pull the stems out of the mushrooms. Arrange in a lightly oiled baking dish.
- 3. Place the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate. Clean the skillet and return to the stovetop.
- 4. Melt 1 tablespoon unsalted butter in the skillet over medium heat and add the onions. Cook until the onions take on a deep golden color, stirring frequently.
- 5. Allow onions to cool slightly.
- 6. Combine the ranch seasoning, cream cheese, bacon, and onions in a bowl until well combined.
- 7. Scoop 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into each mushroom and return to the baking dish.
- 8. Mix the breadcrumbs with the olive oil in a small bowl. Top each filled mushroom with breadcrumbs.
- 9. Bake for 35 minutes, until the breadcrumbs are golden and the mushrooms are cooked through. Arrange on a platter and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.