Buffalo Chicken Burrito Bowls
Recipe created by Averie Cooks on behalf of Hidden Valley.
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- about 1¼ lb. thin-sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1/3 cup Hidden Valley® Buffalo Ranch® dressing
- 2 8.8 oz. packets Spanish rice (or about 4 cups cooked rice; white or brown rice may be substituted), divided
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced small and divided (pico de gallo or red bell pepper may be substituted)
- 2 cups cooked black beans, divided (from about one 15-oz. can, drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups corn, divided (may use frozen)
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced thin; divided
- 1 cup shredded cheese, divided (such as queso fresco)
- Juice of 1 lime, divided
- 3–4 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- 1. To a large skillet, add the olive oil, chicken, evenly season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 to 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and lightly golden browned. Stir and flip intermittently to ensure all sides cook evenly. I used thin-sliced chicken breasts which cook quickly. Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken.
- 2. Evenly drizzle the salad dressing over the chicken, stir to coat evenly, and cook for about 3 minutes or until dressing has thickened slightly. Remove chicken from skillet and equally divide it between 4 bowls.
- 3. To each bowl, add rice, tomatoes, black beans, corn, top with avocado slices, cheese, lime juice, cilantro, and serve immediately. Bowls are best fresh but extra chicken will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.