Buttermilk Chicken Poppers
Recipe courtesy of Lazarus Lynch on behalf of Hidden Valley
- Prep 45 m
- Cook 1 h 20 m
- Total 2 h 5 m
- 2 chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Hidden Valley® Sriracha Ranch®
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup panko
- canola oil
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1. Season chicken with salt. In a large bowl mix together buttermilk, 1 cup Hidden Valley® Sriracha® Ranch and garlic powder. Separate 1/3 of the mixture into a shallow dish and set aside. Add chicken to marinade, cover with plastic wrap, and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375ºF. In a shallow wide dish, add the flour. Combine the eggs with the ⅓ cup mixture set aside. In a second shallow wide dish, mix together the coconut flakes and panko.
- 3. Heat 2-inches canola oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until the oil reaches 360ºF. Working in batches, remove the chicken from the marinade and allow the excess liquid to drip off. Dredge the chicken in the flour, then dip chicken into the egg mixture, and dredge in panko mixture. Assemble the prepared chicken on a sheet tray. Working in batches, fry the chicken until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side; season lightly with salt. Repeat until all chicken is cooked. On sheet tray lined with parchment paper, transfer the chicken to the oven and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165ºF.
- 4. To make dipping sauce, whisk together the remaining Hidden Valley® Sriracha® Ranch and coconut milk; season with salt to taste.
- 5. Serve the chicken with the dipping sauce on the side. Cook with soul. Eat with pleasure!
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.