Carrot and Zucchini Zoodles with Creamy Arugula-Basil Pesto
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 8 m
- Total 23 m
- ½ cup Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Creamy Caesar
- ½ cup baby arugula, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 3 (2 lbs.) zucchini, trimmed
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup grated Romano cheese
- 1. Combine the dressing, arugula and basil in a small bowl; reserve.
- 2. Using a spiral vegetable slicer, cut the zucchini and carrot lengthwise into long, thin strands. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add the zucchini and carrot strands and cook, tossing often, until slightly softened but still crunchy, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, transfer to a colander and let drain 5 minutes.
- 3. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high. Add the onion and garlic and cook until slightly softened, 2–3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook 1 minute. Stir in the drained zucchini and carrot noodles and cook, tossing, until heated through, about 1–2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the dressing mixture. Divide among 4 plates and sprinkle each serving with cheese.