- 2 pounds russet or Idaho potatoes peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion peeled, chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled, chopped
- 1 pound ground lamb or turkey
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup grated white cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a large pot, cook the potatoes in enough lightly salted boiling water to cover for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain the potatoes.
In a large bowl, mash the potatoes together with the dressing until smooth and set aside.
In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat the oil and add the onion and carrots, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the onions have wilted slightly.
Add the meat to the onion mixture. Season the meat with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for another 5 minutes, breaking up any clumps with a wooden spatula, until the meat is nicely browned.
Drain the fat from the meat mixture and stir in the cornstarch mixed with cold water, peas, broth and tomato paste. Stir until well mixed.
Pour the mixture into a 1½-quart baking dish.
Spread the potatoes evenly over the meat mixture. Sprinkle cheese over the top.
Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until golden.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.