Prep: 20 m | Cook: 15 m
DedeMed’s Chicken Shawarma made with Hidden Valley® Original Ranch®
- Prep 20 m
- Cook 15 m
- Total 35 m
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Moroccan seasoning (Ras El Hanout)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup white onions sliced thinly
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sumac seasoning (optional)
- 2 10-inch Lebanese-style pita bread or Lavash bread
- 4 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1 pickled turnip or beet, sliced thinly
- 8 slices pickled cucumber or dill pickles
- 1 tomato sliced thinly
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, toss the sliced chicken in the lemon juice, yogurt, garlic, salt and Moroccan seasonings. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to allow it to marinate.
- 2. Combine the onions and parsley in a small bowl and set aside.
- 3. Preheat a 12-inch skillet and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the seasoned chicken to the pan and cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, until the chicken browns.
- 4. To assemble the sandwich, spread half of the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® on to each of the breads. Then layer half of the seasoned chicken, onion-parsley mixture, half of the pickled turnip slices, pickled cucumber and tomato.
- 5. Roll each pita into a long log and wrap in aluminum foil. Heat a Panini press and place the shawarma inside and close the top. Heat for about 3 to 4 minutes until the contents heat through. Slice in half and serve.
- 6. This recipe comes from our Sandwich Superstar finalist, Denise.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.