Double Stuffed Carrot Sweet Potatoes
- ½ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 large sweet potatoes (about the same size so they cook evenly)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Place potatoes cut-side down on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 35-45 minutes until potatoes are soft. Allow to cool enough to handle with oven mitts.
- 3. Meanwhile, pour the orange juice into a sauce pan over medium heat. Add the diced carrots and cover.
- 4. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes until carrots are softened. Remove the carrots from the pan and dump into the bowl of a food processor.
- 5. With a spoon, scoop out the sweet potatoes—careful to leave the skins to restuff. Add the sweet potato meat to the food processor bowl along with the nutmeg, brown sugar and Hidden Valley® The Original Ranch® Dressing. Process for several minutes until well pureed.
- 6. Restuff the potato skins with the potato/carrot puree and bake for another 25 minutes. Garnish with chopped pecans and serve.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.