Orange Apricot Chicken
Write a review
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup onions diced
- 1 package Hidden Valley® Brown Sugar & Spice Veggie Kit
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- granola and sliced almonds for garnish
- 1. Season both sides of chicken breast with salt and black pepper. In a skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium high heat. Cook chicken, until golden brown, about 5–7 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside; chicken will not be cooked through. Add onions to skillet; cook until golden, about 1 minute.
- 2. Remove ingredient packets from Hidden Valley® Veggie Kit Brown Sugar & Spice. Add Brown Sugar & Spice Seasoning, orange juice, and apricot preserve to onions. Bring to boil, and then return chicken and juices to pan. Turn chicken occasionally in sauce and cook until sauce is reduced and chicken has an internal temperature of 165°F, about 15–20 minutes.
- 3. Sprinkle chicken with granola and sliced almonds.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.