Penne with Greek Yogurt Caesar Sauce
- Prep 45 m
- Cook 10 m
- Total 55 m
- ¾ cup Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Creamy Caesar
- ½ lb. penne pasta (8 oz.)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 15 oz. can of diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to your taste
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated fine
- extra Parmesan for sprinkling atop finished pasta when serving
- 5 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender (according to package directions). Drain the pasta in a colander.
- 2. While waiting for the pasta to cook, dice the onion and mince the garlic. Cook both in a large skillet with the olive oil over medium-low heat until softened and transparent, about 5 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes with juices, dressing, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and some freshly cracked pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- 3. Add the Parmesan to the skillet and whisk until it is melted.
- 4. Add the fresh spinach and gently stir it into the sauce until it has wilted (3–5 minutes). Add the pasta and stir until it is well-coated.
- 5. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm garnished with grated Parmesan.