Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe
- Serves: 8–10
- Prep Time: 5 min.
- Cook Time: 360 min.
- Main Ingredient Beef
- ½ .75-oz packet Hidden Valley® Farmhouse Original Homestyle Italian Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- ½ .5-oz packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 .87-oz package dry brown gravy mix
- 2 pounds boneless chuck roast
- 1½ pounds new potatoes, halved
- ½ cup water
- parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, Ranch seasoning and gravy mix. Blend.
- Prick the entire roast with a fork. Rub the dry mix on the roast.
- In a slow cooker, spread potatoes on the bottom. Place seasoned chuck roast on potatoes. Pour water around roast.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours or 8 hours on low. Roast should have an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve.
- Tip: For a thicker sauce, remove roast and potatoes and transfer to a platter. Pour the cooking juices into a sauce pan. Stir together 3 tablespoons cornstarch and 3 tablespoons cold water. Bring sauce to a boil and whisk cornstarch mixture into boiling sauce. Spoon sauce over meat and potatoes.
- Add ½ pound baby carrots and 1 sliced onion and place at the bottom of the crockpot along with the potatoes for a heartier meal.
- Make Ahead: Make a double batch, slice meat and freeze in a Glad® Storage Container.
For more delicious recipes go to Hiddenvalley.com
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.
Rated 5 out of 5 by 6 reviewers.
Rated 5 out of 5 by FXMOM Excellent!! This is the way roast SHOULD taste. Perfect recipe. I also now make beef stew the same way, using 2 lbs of stew meat, carrots, potatoes and onion. My husband loves both dishes. It's even better the next day! 10.25.15
Rated 5 out of 5 by Debbie320 Awesome! Best roast ever! A "must"! 05.27.15
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jameil Easy and delicious! This dish is easy to prepare and packs a big taste! The roast turns out really tender, juicy, and very flavorful. This has become one of my go to dishes 02.12.14
Rated 5 out of 5 by teachercrissy loved The family asks for this one every few weeks, they love it!! 12.01.13
- 2016-05-04 T06:32:53.497-05:00
- bvseo_lps, prod_bvrr, vn_prr_5.6
- cp-1, bvpage1
- co_hasreviews, tv_6, tr_6
- loc_en_US, sid_RECIPE_959, prod, sort_default
8–10 PT5M PT360M 5 of 5