Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- ½ .75-oz packet Hidden Valley® Farmhouse Original Homestyle Italian Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- ½ .5-oz packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 .87-oz package dry brown gravy mix
- 2 pounds boneless chuck roast
- 1½ pounds new potatoes, halved
- ½ cup water
- parsley for garnish (optional)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, Ranch seasoning and gravy mix. Blend.
- 2. Prick the entire roast with a fork. Rub the dry mix on the roast.
- 3. In a slow cooker, spread potatoes on the bottom. Place seasoned chuck roast on potatoes. Pour water around roast.
- 4. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours or 8 hours on low. Roast should have an internal temperature of 145°F.
- 5. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve.
- 6. Tip: For a thicker sauce, remove roast and potatoes and transfer to a platter. Pour the cooking juices into a sauce pan. Stir together 3 tablespoons cornstarch and 3 tablespoons cold water. Bring sauce to a boil and whisk cornstarch mixture into boiling sauce. Spoon sauce over meat and potatoes.
- 7. Add ½ pound baby carrots and 1 sliced onion and place at the bottom of the crockpot along with the potatoes for a heartier meal.
- 8. Make Ahead: Make a double batch, slice meat and freeze in a Glad® Storage Container.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.