1. First make the mashed cauliflower by removing the leaves, cutting away any brown spots, trimming the stem to be flush with the bottom of the cauliflower head, cutting into medium size pieces and placing in a microwave-safe bowl.
2. Add two tablespoons of water to the cauliflower pieces. Cover and cook in microwave on high for 5–7 minutes, until tender.
3. Move to a food processor, add 2 tbsp. butter and process until smooth. Use 1½ cups of the mashed cauliflower for this dip and place the rest in the fridge for another use.
4. Next, brown the sausage. Drain and set aside.
5. Use the same pan to wilt the spinach without washing it. Put the spinach in the pan and cook over medium heat until wilted. Move the spinach to a strainer, over the sink or a bowl, and press on it with a paper towel to squeeze out the excess moisture. Set aside.
6. Using the same pan, sauté the chopped red peppers with ½ tbsp. butter for 5 minutes, until softened. Peppers will continue to soften in the slow cooker. Set aside.
7. Beat the softened cream cheese. Add the mayonnaise and beat until combined.