- ½ cup plus additional for drizzling Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light dressing
- ½ cup olive oil divided
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 2 red peppers quartered, seeded
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped, fresh thyme leaves
- 4 cloves garlic smashed
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 8 Roma tomatoes halved, seeded
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Roast the tomatoes. On a sheet pan, gently toss together the tomatoes, peppers, onion, garlic, thyme, 2 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Arrange the tomatoes and red peppers, skin side up, tucking the garlic bits beneath them and bake until lightly charred, 45 to 50 minutes.
Build the soup. In a soup pot, warm the remaining 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the tomato paste and mix well, cooking until it’s a deeper red than when you started, about 5 minutes. Add the tomato and pepper mixture, including the juices, and combine. Stir in the stock, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 5–10 minutes.
Blending hot liquids: Transfer soup to a blender (or use hand-held immersion blender) filling only about a third to halfway up the side of the blender jar. If using a blender, release one corner of the lid. This prevents the vacuum effect that creates heat explosions. Place a towel over the top of the blender lid, start on low speed then process on high speed until the ingredients are pureed and smooth. Return the blended soup to the pot. Work in small batches, remembering to fill the blender no more than halfway.
Stir in the Hidden Valley®. While whisking, slowly add the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing until combined. Serve warm in bowls and drizzle additional Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing on top.
TIP: Make a big batch and keep in individual servings in the freezer.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.