Badger's Cheddar Ranch Fondue
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 package (1.0 ounces) Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 ½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tomatoes peeled, cored, seeded, cut into ¼ inch dice
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded white farmhouse Cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1. In a heavy, 4-quart saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the tomatoes and sauté, stirring frequently, until the tomatoes just begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Add the package of Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix and stir gently to dissolve the seasoning mix.
- 2. While the tomatoes are cooking, combine the flour and cheese in a bowl and toss to coat the cheese.
- 3. Add the wine to the tomato mixture, stir once, and then add the cheese, a handful at a time. Heat and stir until the cheese is completely melted. Transfer to a fondue pot set over an alcohol or sterno flame to keep it warm. Serve immediately.
- 4. Serve with: Crusty-hard peasant bread cut into 1-inch cubes, pita chips, bagel chips, or tortilla chips.
- 5. Do-Ahead: This fondue can be prepared 1 day in advance. Allow the mixture to cool, transfer it to a covered container and refrigerate. Reheat in a saucepan over low heat and then transfer to a fondue pot for serving.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.