Baked Cheddar & Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
Write a review
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1 package Hidden Valley® Smokehouse Cheddar & Bacon Cold Dip & Appetizer Mix
- 16 jalapeños
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup panko-style breadcrumbs or fine unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 2. Blend cream cheese with 2 tablespoons of dip mix. Spread into the center of each jalapeño half, smoothing the top level. Set aside.
- 3. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and water. Set aside. In a shallow dish, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons dip mix with the breadcrumbs. Roll each filled jalapeño into the egg mixture, and then into the breadcrumb mixture, pressing coating onto the jalapeño. Place peppers, cut side up, on the prepared baking sheet. (You can repeat the breading process for extra crunch.) Lightly spray the breaded jalapeños with cooking spray and bake until crust is golden, about 30 minutes. Serve hot from the oven.
- 1. Serve the poppers with Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing or KC Masterpiece® Barbecue Sauce for dipping.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.