Bayou Surf & Turf Dip
Write a review
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Fiesta Ranch Dips Mix
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ pound ground sausage meat (about 1 link)
- ¼ pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined, chopped
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup diced green pepper
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- ½ cup pinto beans
- ¾ cup shredded cooked chicken
- ½ cup diced tomato
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- 1. In a pan set over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the sausage meat and sauté, breaking up with a spoon, until almost cooked through and crumbled. Add shrimp and continue to sauté until both the shrimp and sausage are cooked. Remove from pan and set aside. In the same pan, add another tablespoon oil. Stir in the onion, garlic, and green peppers and sauté until softened, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add creole seasoning and pinto beans and continue to cook, stirring, until beans are warmed through and spices are incorporated. Add to the bowl with the sausage and shrimp. Set aside to cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, mix contents of dips packet with sour cream. Add sausage mixture, chicken, tomatoes, and parsley. Stir well to combine. Refrigerate 1 hour to thicken.
- For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
- For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.