BBQ Burger Pocket
- Prep 25 m
- Cook 30 m
- Total 55 m
- 1 medium tomato stem removed, sliced
- 1 pound 90 percent lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1½ tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1½ tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cups shredded Romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing
- 4 whole wheat pitas split
- 1. Preheat the grill or broiler.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, barbecue sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and onion powder, and mix with clean hands until well blended.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix the dressing and mustard together until smooth.
- 4. Divide the beef mixture evenly into four ¼-pound burgers. Grill the burgers for 5 minutes on each side over medium coals for medium doneness.
- 5. Place the pitas on the grill for 2 minutes or just until warmed through.
- 6. Serve the burgers tucked inside each pita and topped with the tomato, lettuce and a generous serving of the dressing.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.