Beer & Maple Glazed Ranch Wings
- Prep 10 m
- Cook 35 m
- Total 45 m
- 1 pound chicken drumettes and/or wings
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Belgian wheat beer (or another smooth, light-colored beer)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ cup store-bought plum sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- 2. Combine the ranch seasoning, flour and salt in a gallon zip-top bag. Shake to combine.
- 3. Place the chicken in the bag and shake to coat.
- 4. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place a wire rack on the sheet.
- 5. Place the chicken on the wire rack, shaking excess seasoning off each piece.
- 6. Bake the chicken for 20 minutes, until the skin is crisp and beginning to turn golden. You may still be able to see flour on the chicken.
- 7. Meanwhile, combine the beer and maple syrup in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a steady simmer and cook until the liquid has reduced to about 1/4 cup. It should be thick and syrupy.
- 8. Remove the chicken from the oven and brush with a layer of glaze and reduce heat to 425°F. Return to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes. Repeat the glazing/baking process 2 or 3 more times, flipping the wings each time.
- 9. Arrange the wings on a platter and serve with plum sauce on the side. Garnish with sliced green onions.