- Prep 20 m
- Cook 1 h 10 m
- Total 1 h 30 m
- 12 ounces bacon, chopped
- 12 ounces cooked ham, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" squares
- 1 ounce packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 12 slices white bread, cut into 2" squares
- 3 cups medium cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, remove from pan and drain of all but 2 tbsp. of the bacon fat. Add potatoes to the hot bacon drippings and cook until just tender — about 5–7 minutes. Add ham and onion. Cook and stir until onion is tender and stir in ranch dressing packet.
- 2. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half the bread cubes, potatoes mixture, bacon and cheese. Repeat layers of bread, potatoes, meat and cheese.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs; add the milk and salt. Pour over all. Cover and chill overnight.
- 4. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 65–70 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 5. Notes: For extra veggie love, we suggest tossing in your favorite leafy green like spinach or kale.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.