California Crab Salad
- Prep 30 m
- Total 30 m
- ½ medium cucumber thinly sliced
- ½ package Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved, stemmed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cut into wedges lime
- 1 large avocado peeled, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated, fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 cups cooked white rice chilled, rinsed
- 4 butter Lettuce leaves
- 4 ounces cooked crabmeat
- 1. In medium bowl, whisk together the dressing mix, buttermilk and mayonnaise until well blended. Fold in the horseradish and ginger. Chill covered for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. In a medium bowl, toss the crabmeat together with 4 tablespoons of the dressing until evenly coated. To serve, arrange ½ cup of the rice on top of each lettuce leaf. Top with 2 tablespoons of the remaining dressing. Arrange one quarter of the crabmeat, avocado and cucumber on top of each serving. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and lime wedges.
- 3. *Recipe only gluten free when made with all gluten free ingredients. Read labels of all packaged ingredients to determine whether they contain gluten.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.