Carrot and Ginger Soup
- Prep 10 m
- Cook 50 m
- Total 1 h
- ½ medium butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed, or to taste
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound carrots peeled, diced
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger peeled, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light dressing
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- 2. Scoop seeds out of the butternut squash half, and place cut side down onto a greased baking sheet. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until softened. Allow to cool, then scoop the squash flesh out of the skin using a large spoon and set aside. Discard skin.
- 3. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat. Add chopped onion and garlic, and cook, stirring until onion is translucent. Pour in the water, and add squash, carrots and ginger. Bring to a boil, and cook for at least 20 minutes, or until carrots and ginger are tender.
- 4. Puree the mixture in the blender, or using an immersion blender. Add boiling water if necessary to thin, but bear in mind this is meant to be a thick creamy soup. Return soup to the pan, and heat through. Season with salt, pepper and cinnamon.
- 5. Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with swirls of Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light dressing.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.
• For dips, make and enjoy your dip creation. Then, refrigerate within 2 hours or discard.