Prep: 20 m | Cook: 10 m
Cheese Puff Chicken Tender Lettuce Cups with Aerated Original Ranch
Recipe courtesy of Casey Thompson, as seen on Bravo's Top Chef: Last Chance Kitchen
- Prep 20 m
- Cook 10 m
- Total 30 m
- 2 cups cheese puffs
- 1 cup kettle-cooked potato chips
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tablespoon Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1 lb. chicken tenderloins
- 4 cups canola oil
- ½ cup Sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup sambal
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Bibb lettuce cups (small leaves)
- ½ Serrano chile, sliced thin
- cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1. Crush up the cheese puffs and the potato chips in a food processor until it is ground like coarse breadcrumbs. Place chips in a bowl.
- 2. In another bowl, mix together the flour and the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix. Set aside.
- 3. In another bowl, whisk the milk and egg
- 4. Dredge the chicken in the flour. Dredge in the milk. Then, coat in the chip mix. Press it well to make sure it sticks well.
- 5. Heat the oil to 350°F. Drop the chicken in the oil and fry in 2 batches. Cook each batch for 3 min. Remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel lined tray. Season with salt. Allow the oil to return to temperature before frying the second batch.
- 6. In a bowl, mix together Sriracha sauce, sambal and lime juice. Set aside.
- 7. Place the fried chicken in a lettuce cup. Garnish with hot sauce, chiles and cilantro.
- 8. Mix remaining ingredients, except seasoning mix, in a bowl. Place into an iSi canister and charge twice. Dispense mixture onto lettuce cups.
- 9. Sprinkle with packaged Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.