Cheesy Baked Spinach Dip
Courtesy of ABC's The Chew
- Prep 10 m
- Cook 30 m
- Total 40 m
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup Swiss cheese
- 10 oz. frozen spinach
- salt, to taste
- 6 pita rounds
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2. Over medium heat, melt butter with olive oil in a sauce pot. Add onions, season with salt and sauté for 3–4 minutes or until soft and pale golden. Sprinkle in the flour and stir until a dry paste forms.
- 3. Slowly whisk in milk, trying to avoid lumps. Stir in the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dip Mix and reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- 4. Stir in the cream cheese and half of the Swiss cheese until melted. Add the spinach and remove from heat.
- 5. Divide mixture between two small oven-safe baking dishes. (This can be prepared a few days in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.)
- 6. Place the baking dishes on a rimmed sheet pan and top with the remaining Swiss cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly on top.
- 7. Meanwhile, bake the wedges of pita for 10–15 minutes or until crispy.
- 8. Serve warm dip with pita chips and crudité.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.