2. Over medium heat, melt butter with olive oil in a sauce pot. Add onions, season with salt and sauté for 3–4 minutes or until soft and pale golden. Sprinkle in the flour and stir until a dry paste forms.
3. Slowly whisk in milk, trying to avoid lumps. Stir in the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dip Mix and reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until thickened slightly.
4. Stir in the cream cheese and half of the Swiss cheese until melted. Add the spinach and remove from heat.
5. Divide mixture between two small oven-safe baking dishes. (This can be prepared a few days in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.)
6. Place the baking dishes on a rimmed sheet pan and top with the remaining Swiss cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly on top.
7. Meanwhile, bake the wedges of pita for 10–15 minutes or until crispy.
8. Serve warm dip with pita chips and crudité.
For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.