Prep: 20 m | Cook: 20 m
Chili Lime Chicken and Brown Rice Bowl with Avocados, Zucchini and Grape Tomatoes
- Prep 20 m
- Cook 20 m
- Total 40 m
- 1 pound (2–3 total) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ cups large diced zucchini
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 large or 2 small avocados, pitted and diced
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- ½ cup Hidden Valley® Simply Ranch® Chili Lime Ranch
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- 2. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- 4. Add the chicken and sauté until browned, about 5 minutes, then turn the chicken over and sauté for a few minutes more. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast until the chicken is cooked through, about 12 minutes. Let rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting into ½-inch-thick slices.
- 5. While the chicken is cooking, steam the zucchini until the pieces are slightly softened but still hold their shape.
- 6. To assemble, divide rice between four bowls. Starting in one quadrant of each bowl, divide the sliced chicken. Pile zucchini in another, avocados in another and tomatoes in the last. Drizzle each bowl with 2 tablespoons of the dressing, and serve immediately.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.