Chimichurri Grilled Wings
- Prep 4 h
- Cook 25 m
- Total 4 h 25 m
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 jalapeños (seeded, roughly chopped)
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 lbs. whole chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon hot paprika
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Hidden Valley® Simply Ranch Classic Ranch dressing
- ½ cup chimichurri (recipe above)
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- hot sauce, to serve
- 1. Into the carafe of a blender, add the garlic, jalapeños, flat leaf parsley, cilantro, oregano, red wine vinegar, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Puree until smooth. Separate the sauce into 2 bowls, one for marinade and one for dipping sauce.
- 2. Add the chicken wings into a food storage zipper bag. Add half the chimichurri sauce and marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
- 3. Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. While the grill is heating, remove the wings from the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature, about 20 minutes. Remove wings to a bowl and toss with hot paprika, salt and pepper. Place the wings on the grill, turning every 3-4 minutes for about 20 minutes, until the wings are cooked through. Remove from grill and serve with Hidden Valley® Simply Ranch Classic Dressing.
- 1. In a medium bowl, stir together Hidden Valley® Simply Ranch Classic Dressing and 1/2 cup chimichurri. Set aside for dipping!
Place the halved lemons on the grill about 5 minutes before serving. Platter the wings and lemon and garnish with additional fresh parsley and cilantro.
Tip: Marinate the wings overnight for easy prep. Grill the wings in advance and keep warm in a 200ºF oven before serving.