Cilantro-Lime Grilled Chicken with a Mango Avocado Salsa
Recipe created by on Chelsea's Messy Apron behalf of Hidden Valley.
- Prep 25 m
- Cook 10 m
- Total 35 m
- 1½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup + 3 tablespoons orange juice, separated
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup + 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, separated
- 1½ teaspoons lime zest, separated
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup coarsely chopped cilantro, separated
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- Hidden Valley® Cilantro Lime Ranch®
- 1. Whisk together all of the marinade ingredients: 3/4 cup orange juice, olive oil, 1/3 cup lime juice, 1 teaspoon lime zest, honey, cumin, soy sauce, garlic and 1/4 cup cilantro in a medium-sized bowl. Remove about 1/2 cup (put in an airtight container in the fridge for later) and pour the rest into a large sealable bag.
- 2. Trim the chicken of fat and pound the breasts to even thickness or slice in half to get evenly sized breasts and place in the bag with marinade.
- 3. Place in the fridge for at least 3 hours making sure to flip the bag halfway through the time it is in the fridge. I recommend marinating for 6–8 hours.
- 4. Lightly oil the grill grate and then place the marinated chicken (discard marinade in bag) on the grill.
- 5. Cook for 10–12 minutes turning as needed (depending on the size of your pieces) or until chicken juices run clear and internal temperature is at 165°F.
- 6. As you flip and cook the chicken, brush it generously with the reserved 1/2 cup marinade frequently.
- 1. For the salsa, take the remaining 3 tablespoons orange juice, remaining 3 tablespoons lime juice, remaining lime zest, and remaining 1/2 cup cilantro and toss together.
- 2. When grilling the chicken, also grill the mango. Brush with oil and grill on one side for about 4–5 minutes at medium-high heat.
- 3. Chop the grilled mango and avocado into small bite-sized pieces. Add to the salsa with the diced red onion.
- 4. Drizzle the Cilantro Lime Dressing over the chicken breasts and top with a generous few spoonfuls of the salsa. Enjoy immediately.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.