Cool Ranch Chicken Salad Sandwich
Recipe and photo courtesy of Tasting Table. Recipe adapted from Ryan Scott, Market & Rye, San Francisco
- Prep 5 m
- Cook 5 m
- Total 10 m
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1½ Tbsp. Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1 avocado
- 8 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup Cool Ranch Doritos®
- 1. In a medium bowl, add the mayonnaise, ranch dressing powder and lemon juice and stir together until combined. Add the chicken and stir to coat with the ranch mixture.
- 2. Preheat the broiler to high. Place the bread slices on a rimmed baking sheet and toast until golden-brown, 3 to 4 minutes (watch the bread closely, as broiler intensities vary). Remove 4 slices from the baking sheet and set aside. Turn the remaining 4 slices of bread over so that the crisp, golden side faces down. Top each bread slice with 1 piece of cheese and return to under the broiler until the cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes (watch the cheese closely, as broiler intensities vary). Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- 3. Divide the mashed avocado over the untoasted side of the 4 non-cheesy bread slices. Top each of the bread slices with the chicken salad and 2 lettuce leaves placed cupped side up. Add ¼ cup Cool Ranch Doritos® to each of the 4 uppermost lettuce cups. Top each bread slice with a cheesy bread slice, slice on a bias, and serve with more Cool Ranch Doritos® on the side.
• For safe meat preparation, reference the USDA website.